News

OMLCIA Awarded $34,400 LARE Grant

On August 1, 2011, the Indiana DNR informed the Oliver and Martin Lakes Conservation and Improvement Association, Inc. that the organization’s application for an engineering feasibility and design study for the Oliver, Olin, and Martin Lake watersheds had been conditionally selected for the FY 2011-2012 funding from the Lake and River Enhancement (LARE) program.

This grant will cover 80% of the project cost up to a total amount not to exceed $34,400.00, with the remaining 20% to be paid by the OMLCIA organization. Davey Resource Group based in Fort Wayne, IN will be responsible for completing this study which will look at stream management, sediment and nutrient control, and the restoration of a former wetland.

 The Oliver and Martin Lakes Conservation and Improvement Association, Inc. has also applied for an aquatic vegetation grant to address the invasive weed species in the lake. The OLMCIA will be notified in late Spring as to whether or not this grant will be received.

News & Events SEP 27th

Greening the Statehouse

Largest annual gathering of environmental-minded Hoosiers

Read More Read ALL

Local News NOV 24th

Oregon weighing what to do about wolf issue

PORTLAND, Ore. – Wolves were once so plentiful in the abundant forests that would become Oregon that the earliest settlers gathered from far and wide to discuss how to kill......

Read More